Getting Around Chapel Hill
Convention events will take place at 2 venues that are separated by a 10-20 minute drive, depending on traffic.
Venue #1: UNC School of Government: located in the Knapp-Sanders Building on the UNC-Chapel Hill campus.
- The UNC School of Government is located at 400 South Rd, Chapel Hill, NC 27514.
- The entrance to Parking Deck of the School of Government is on South Road by the traffic light at Country Club Road.
- Parking on site is free but PERMIT is required. Download and print one Parking Permit per vehicle, placing the permit on the car dashboard when you park. If you haven’t received the parking permit by email attachment, please request one by e-mailing email@example.com.
Venue #2: Sheraton Hotel: located off of 15-501 in Chapel Hill.
- Sheraton Chapel Hill is located at One Europa Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27517.
- Directions to the Sheraton Hotel: Out the parking deck, turn right onto South Rd./Raleigh Rd. In 1.2 miles, use the right lane to take the ramp onto US-15 N/US-501 N/Fordham Blvd. S. Merge onto US-15 N/US-501 N/Fordham Blvd S. Drive 2.4 miles then turn right onto Europa Dr. Sheraton Hotel is on your left.
- Free parking on site. No permit required for convention attendees.
- Find overnight room reservation information under general convention registration.
Parking in Chapel Hill:
- Registered convention attendees will receive a link to a printable UNC School of Government parking pass via email on Monday, May 13.
- Parking at the Sheraton Chapel Hill is free for all registered convention attendees, even if you’re not an overnight guest.
- For other parking around town, visit Park Chapel Hill.
- The Town of Chapel Hill uses Park Mobile to help you pay for parking, extend parking time, etc. Download the Park Mobile App
Alternative local transportation links:
- Chapel Hill Transit – free bus community service
- Uber and Lyft are also active in the area