League of Women Voters of North Carolina, Inc.
The League of Women Voters of North Carolina, Inc. works to encourage the active and informed participation of citizens in government and to increase understanding of major public-policy issues.
What We Do
The League of Women Voters of North Carolina established in 1984 a 501(c)(3) nonpartisan, nonprofit, public-policy educational organization. LWVNC, Inc. provides funding for research, publications and materials, and enables LWVNC to hold forums and to disseminate information and training to citizens. LWVNC, Inc. projects must present fair, objective, non-partisan information to the general public. Projects cannot advocate for legislation or urge any action to affect legislation, and they cannot support candidates for office. Your donation to LWVNC, Inc. is tax-deductible.
How to Donate to the LWVNC, Inc.:
A donation to the LWVNC, Inc. is tax-deductible. There are two ways to donate – by personal check, or online, as below:
1. By Personal Check
- Please make your check payable to LWVNC, Inc.
- Click here for the donation form, and mail it with your check to:
3509 Haworth Drive, Suite 206, Raleigh, NC 27609
2. Online, Using Credit Card
- Although this donation will go through PayPal, you do not need a personal PayPal account to make an online payment
- Click here to make an online donation to LWVNC, Inc.
Thank You for Your Donation!
How to Apply for a Grant
Any LWV member may submit an application for a grant from the LWVNC, Inc.
Examples of where support may be approved:
- LWV research, publications, and materials on current public policy issues
- Forums such as panel discussions on LWV positions, candidates’ debates, and forums on ballot issues
- Civic education meetings regarding current issues of concern
- Creation and dissemination of voter service information such as voters’ guides and support of 411.org.
- Training of League members to support a speakers bureau wherein members would speak to the community on important League topics
- Registration of voters
Download the grant application
Complete the application form and mail it to:
3509 Haworth Drive
Raleigh, NC 27609