HEALTH CARE LEAGUE ACTION TEAM
Education and advocacy related to health care reform.
ABOUT OUR HEALTH CARE TEAM SIGN UP FOR UPDATES
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH CARE
ACTION ALERTS & UPDATES:
Senator Richard Burr
PROJECT HCNC STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
We are committed to the availability of affordable Health Care coverage for low income North Carolinians, which is essential for effective long-term treatment of addiction disorders and control of our rampant opioid epidemic. We support legislation that will elicit support from both Republicans and Democrats so that it can receive bipartisan approval from both chambers of the NCGA and from the Governor. This may require that the legislation 1) be independent of state budgetary support, 2) have insurance-like features such as premiums, co-pays, and comprehensive benefits (including strong behavioral and mental health coverage on par with physical health coverage), and 3) include some limitations on eligibility such as work and personal responsibility requirements. The legislation submitted to the NC House in March 2017 (HB 662, Carolina Cares) represents a possible model for this legislation and is similar to the program created by then-Governor Mike Pence in Indiana.
Printable Opioid Trifold – Solving the Opioid Crisis Require Health Coverage Now (PDF)
Health Care NC – Advocating for Health Coverage Legislation in NC
- February 19, 2018 Webinar Slides
Understanding the Opioid Epidemic and Impacts in North Carolina
2018 Health Care League Action Team Plan
Overview of the Healthcare Industry: Challenges and Opportunities
Learn what we need to do to fix the ACA.
- September 5 webinar slides
- September 5 webinar recording. (Please note there is a 1-minute delay before the slide sharing begins. Simply wait or click within the progress bar at the bottom of the screen to move ahead in the recording.)
Better Understanding Medicaid’s Role in Health Care
- April 30 Recorded Webinar Video
- April 30 Understanding Medicaid Webinar Presentation
- Medicaid Basics
- New Opportunities to Expand Health Insurance Access to Low-Income North Carolinians
Health Care Updates and Advocacy Plans
- April 2 Advocacy Webinar Presentation
- LWVNC Printable Health Care Post Cards
- LWVNC Health Care Info Sheet
Understanding AHCA vs. ACA
- March 19 Health Care Webinar Agenda
- Health Care Update (ACA and AHCA)
- Key Features of the AHCA
- Read more at CloseTheGapNC.org
TAKE ACTION WITH US
Questions? Contact Jim Foster, Health Care Action Team Leader: HealthCareLAT@gmail.com.