JOIN US AT A SATELLITE COUNCIL MEETING NEAR YOU
We’re making it easier for members and supporters to attend Council meetings. Regional meetings have replaced one larger statewide meeting. We hope these regional meetings make it easier for people to attend and less costly for members whose attendance requires travel. Register for Spring 2018!
SPRING MEETINGS: preparing for midterm elections in 2018
*Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. Training takes place from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. at each location. Detailed location and parking information will be sent too all registered attendees by e-mail before each Council meeting.
- Saturday, February 24 – Eastern: Morehead City, Carteret Community College’s Wayne West Building (3713 Arendell Street) in building #215. Ample free parking is available.
- Saturday, March 10 – Central: Durham, Duke’s Fuqua School of Business (100 Fuqua Drive) in the RJ Auditorium. Parking available in the Science Drive Parking Garage at Highway 751/Cameron Boulevard. Handicap parking available at 100 Fuqua Drive.
- Saturday, March 24 – Western: Hendersonville, at the City of Hendersonville Operations Center (305 Williams Street). Ample free parking is available.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Local League Leaders
- Local League Communications Team members
- League members currently working on elections, voter services
- League members who would like to be involved in these roles
- Accessing and promoting VOTE411
- Building a relationship with your local Board of Elections
- Learning to access VAN for customized outreach strategies
- Learning about where we are in NC with final district maps
FALL 2017 MEETINGS RECAP:
Saturday, Oct. 21 – Central: were held in Durham at the NC School of Science and Math
Saturday, Oct. 28 – Coastal: were held in Morehead City at Carteret Community College
Friday, Nov. 3 – Western: were held in at the City of Hendersonville Operations Center
- A LEADERSHIP CAUCUS was held from 9am-12pm for everyone holding League leadership positions (officers, board members, and team leaders). We discussed League communications, Vote411, fundraising ideas, and more.
- An ADVOCACY 101 TRAINING was held from 1pm-5pm, open to all League members. Hear updates from LAT leaders and a report on LWVNC’s court cases. We learned effective techniques for advocacy and lobbying in our communities.