HEALTH CARE LEAGUE ACTION TEAM
Education and advocacy related to health care reform.
ABOUT OUR HEALTH CARE TEAM SIGN UP FOR UPDATES URGENT ACTION ALERT
The League of Women Voters of North Carolina is taking action to protect the ACA nationwide and to advocate for Medicaid expansion in our state. You can help by staying informed and joining our Health Care League Action Team. Our team engages in regular conference calls, Lobby Days at the NCGA, Op Ed and Letters to the Editor submissions, and person-to-person education.
LEARN MORE ABOUT HEALTH CARE
ACTION ALERTS & UPDATES:
September 20, 2017: Call Your Senators and U.S. Representative – This week and next, there are several issues before the U.S. House and Senate that need our urgent attention and action. Each of the issues has the distinct potential to disrupt a very important Health Care Service.
Ask Congress to do ALL of these things: (link to more information)
- Vote against the Graham-Cassidy health bill (Senators only)
- Vote for full funding of CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance Program)
- Vote for full funding of Community Health Centers
- Ask them to strongly urge President Trump to continue funding Cost Sharing Reductions (CSRs)
Senator Richard Burr
[September 5, 2017] Health Care Webinar – Learn what we need to do to fix the ACA. View the webinar slides and listen to the webinar recording. Please note there is a 1-minute delay before the slide sharing begins. Simply wait or click within the progress bar at the bottom of the screen to move ahead in the recording.
Understanding AHCA vs. ACA
- March 19 Health Care Webinar Agenda
- Health Care Update (ACA and AHCA)
- Key Features of the AHCA
- Read more at CloseTheGapNC.org
Health Care Updates and Advocacy Plans
- April 2 Advocacy Webinar Presentation
- LWVNC Printable Health Care Post Cards
- LWVNC Health Care Info Sheet
Better Understanding Medicaid’s Role in Health Care
- April 30 Recorded Webinar Video
- April 30 Understanding Medicaid Webinar Presentation
- Medicaid Basics
- New Opportunities to Expand Health Insurance Access to Low-Income North Carolinians
Comparing GOP Health Care Proposals with the ACA
- June 27 Recorded Webinar Video
- June 27 Health Care Comparison Webinar Presentation
- June 27 Health Care Update: Impact on NC
TAKE ACTION WITH US
Questions? Contact Jim Foster, Health Care Action Team Leader: HealthCareLAT@gmail.com.