FAIR ELECTIONS LEAGUE ACTION TEAM
Education and advocacy related to redistricting reform and campaign finance reform.
Meetings of the Joint House and Senate Committee on Redistricting are underway. Now is the time to let your legislator know your thoughts about the CRITERIA necessary to ensure fair maps for the 2018 elections.
- Read the LWVNC statement for the hearing on the proposed House and Senate district maps – PDF.
Link below to learn more about gerrymandering and the need for fair maps
- We need fair maps for fair elections
- Gerrymandering 101
- A closer look at how gerrymandering works (example)
- How does gerrymandering harm our democracy?
- What does the League believe a better system look like?
- How does the League support redistricting reform?
- Draw the line on gerrymandering in North Carolina
- Resources page
Action Team Leader
Contact the Team Leader: Jennifer Bremer