Keep the Health Care Calls Coming!
June 22, 2017
Health Care Still Needs You
We still need your phone calls to stop the Senate’s health care bill. See Phone numbers below.
This week’s message for our US Senators:
- We are NOT happy with the process being used for the Senate Proposal on a bill that impacts Health Care for ALL Americans:
- In 2010, the ACA (Obamacare) was fully released in writing and debated for 25 days prior to vote.
- We do NOT believe that Obamacare is in a death spiral:
- Many experts have fact-checked this statement and have concluded that the ACA is not in a death spiral.
- In fact, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO), as part of its recent analysis of the GOP AHCA legislation, described the Affordable Care Act as stable.
- We do NOT believe that decreasing Health Care Benefits and Medicaid Funding to save money for tax cuts is the right thing to do:
- The GOP AHCA bill cuts over $800 billion out of Medicaid while at the same time providing about $600 billion in tax breaks to the rich and to big companies.
- That’s why the American Academy of Pediatricians, Planned Parenthood Federation of America, the AARP, the March of Dimes, the American Medical Association and dozens of other patient and health care advocacy organizations oppose the Republican bill.